With both my girls loving everything that makes Christmas so magical this year, I really wanted to make this Christmas extra special. Thanks to Koch & Co I was inspired to create my girls a Christmas Advent Calendar Activities List that helped them countdown to Christmas.
After breakfast on the 1st of December, my girls excitedly unwrapped Koch & Co’s Christmas Advent Calendar which I personally filled with 24 activities counting down to Christmas and our photos from last Christmas. If you are looking to do the same next year and can get away with not giving your children daily sweets then keep scrolling for my Christmas advent calendar filler ideas. You can buy this Koch & Co Advent calendar for more than half the price online. It was retailing for $39.21, now you can get it for $13.15!! Please note prices on their website are listed ex GST but I’ve added it in the GST to make it easier to work out.
Here’s our Christmas Advent Calendar Activities List…
- Go watch Christmas carols together as a family
- Unwrap and read two new Christmas books
- Dance to Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer
- Write Santa a Letter
- Post Santa’s letter including each child buying their own 65c stamp and putting it in the special Santa mailbox
- Handmake a Christmas Card to post to Nanna & Nonno
- Make a Christmas video to send to Gong (aka my dad who lives overseas)
- Goto a Playgroup Christmas Party (we couldn’t make it to ours so we went to Highgate Playgroup’s Christmas Party which we sponsor through the business)
- Unwrap new Christmas decorations for junior burger and junior cravings rooms
- Bake and decorate gingerbread men (this was a great activity and I adapted this Thermomix gingerbread recipe to be dairy and egg free for junior cravings by substituting butter with Nuttelex and egg with Orgran Egg Replacer)
- Go decorate our Crust with Christmas decorations (we ended up having fish & chips for dinner afterwards too)
- Colour in special Christmas sheets
- Go check out City of Perth’s Christmas light trail
- Go buy daddy a Christmas and birthday present (burger boy is a New Year baby)
- Help wrap Christmas presents
- Go check out Christmas lights in our area
- Make Candy Cane Playdough
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- Have a simple snowman lunch
- Go visit Santa and attempt to take a decent photo
- Donate a Christmas gift to someone less fortunate
- Make a mason jar snow globe
- Watch a Christmas show/movie
- Bake cookies for Santa, get the Reindeer food ready and read a book about Christmas
I must admit, from 7 – 10 December, I wasn’t so organised – I had my Advent Calendar filled up to the 7th and was cursing as to why I made it harder for myself by getting a DIY calendar rather than giving in to daily chocolates and buying junior burger a simple Disney chocolate advent calendar. I even filled a few draws in the morning when the kids weren’t looking.
Seeing how excited junior burger (my 4 yo) is every morning and really counting down to Christmas however has been so rewarding. junior cravings (my 1yo) is still a bit young to understand but she loves the novelty of pulling out the draws, seeing our Christmas photos from last year and she gets right into the Christmas activities.
A big thanks to Koch and Co for helping us make Christmas that extra bit special this year by providing us with this Christmas Advent Calendar to review. Established in 1931 Koch has been a manufacturer & florist supplier for over 80 years. Koch & Co has always been known as a florist supply wholesaler importing and distributing florist supplies and floral accessories nationally. Lucky for us ordinary folks they also sell their products online.
I’ve been decking out my outdoor spaces with Koch & Co’s trendy vases, artificial plants (which look real) and lanterns too, once my Outdoor Project is complete I will post about it on here.
Look forward to hearing about how you’ve been counting down to Christmas with your family.
Disclaimer: foodie cravings has been provided with Christmas products from Koch & Co to review. See disclosure policy for further details.