This Optimum H3000 Horizontal Whole Foods Masticating Cold Press Juicer from Froothie conveniently arrived on my doorstep to review last month… just as my almost 4yo junior burger started to get fussier with her vegetables. Carrots, pumpkin, corn and sweet potato are on constant rotation as other vegetables have started to drop off her “will eat list”! Cauliflower, broccoli and avocado have suddenly become vegetables she doesn’t like!! Any other parents out there going through preschooler food challenges??
To make up for this lack of vegetables in her diet, I have been making juices using my ThermoCook, Thermomix and Nutri Force Extractor. So to be honest before testing out my new horizontal cold press juicer, I did wonder why I would need it when I already have all these other appliances that can essentially do the same thing.
Why buy a cold press juicer?
After a bit of research and talking to my brother who is considering buying a cold press juicer, I learnt that a cold press juicer crushes then squeezes fruits and vegetables with virtually no heat. This keeps more of the nutrients and enzymes from the fresh ingredients and ensures no separation occurs. Whereas in the traditional juicer/blender, the heat oxidises the valuable nutrients. So in short, cold press juices are meant to better for us and as it removes the pulp, junior burger happily drinks it.
What I liked about Optimum Horizontal Whole Foods Masticating Cold Press Juicer
- Easy to use – you literally press the start button
- No muscles required – this horizontal juicer juices itself, I just drop the fruit in and leave it to crush and press the fruit (I still remember my old sunbeam juicer that I had to stand on my tippy toes to push the fruit down the chute!)
- A very easy to clean juicer! A must for me as I’m always racing against the clock with my two kiddies in tow. To clean this masticating cold press juicer, you just run hot soapy water and roughly brush the strainer.
- I love my pulp-free juices – tastes amazing!
- There’s a tap you can turn on or off so the juice doesn’t leak when you move the juice cup
- The sleek stylish design matches my kitchen perfectly
- Doubles up as a multi-purpose food processor – this horizontal juicer can also make sorbet, dairy free nut milk, soy milk and baby food amongst other things
Here’s a video of my horizontal juicer in action…
What I didn’t like about the Optimum Horizontal Whole Foods Masticating Cold Press Juicer
- Juice cup is small – really only enough for two people (I like to just juice all at once then pour vs juice, pour, juice)
- You have to be super careful when cleaning as the detachable components of the juicer is delicate
Would I recommend Optimum Horizontal Whole Foods Masticating Cold Press Juicer?
If you are looking for an easy to clean juicer that makes the best cold press juices, the Optimum Horizontal Whole Foods Masticating Cold Press Juicer is definitely worth investing in. Just make sure you are willing to commit to making cold press juices every day or two to make your money’s worth.
How long can you keep cold press juices?
You can keep cold-pressed juices using this horizontal juicer for up to 72 hours if you store it correctly in a sealed glass jar as soon as you juice it. Putting it in a plastic cup will speed up the oxidisation and make it less nutritious.
My favourite juicing recipe
I love combining sweeter fruits with celery and carrot to make healthy juices that my kids and husband will drink. This is one of my favourite cold press juicer recipes (make 2 glasses):
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 pears - remove core and cut into quarters
- 1 apple - remove core and cut into quarters
- 1 celery stick - roughly chop into chunks
- 1 small carrot - roughly chop into chunks with skin on
- 1 orange - peel and chop to fit your juicer's chute
I change up the fruits with what’s in the fridge, this morning’s cold press juice was a combination of watermelon, strawberries with one carrot and a stalk of celery.
Where to buy Optimum Horizontal Whole Foods Masticating Cold Press Juicer
You can find out more or buy the Optimum Horizontal Whole Foods Masticating Cold Press Juicer from Froothie. Delivery is free and it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and cold press juice recipe book so you can give it a go before deciding to keep it. The Optimum H3000 Horizontal Whole Foods Masticating Cold Press Juicer is currently on sale for $439 (normally $799) and comes in silver as featured in this review.
Check out my other Froothie kitchen appliance reviews
Disclaimer: Optimum Horizontal Whole Foods Masticating Cold Press Juicer was provided to foodie cravings to review and keep by Australian distributor Froothie. Prices are correct at time of publishing 1/8/18. Please note this review contains affiliate links, see foodie cravings disclosure policy for further details.