I can’t wait to check out Taste of Perth, the grand closing event for Eat Drink Perth and the world’s greatest restaurant festival held at Langley Park next month.
For your chance to WIN a Taste of Perth double pass for you and a friend (valued at $64), simply like foodie cravings facebook page (if you haven’t already) and comment here with your Favourite Perth Restaurant by 23/4/14 (check out my Perth Restaurant Reviews page for inspiration). To receive a double entry, also leave a comment on my Taste of Perth post on Eat Drink Perth’s website.
I’m most looking forward to these key Taste of Perth attractions:
Taste Kitchen presented by Foxtel’s LifeStyle FOOD
River Cottage Australia’s Paul West and Perth’s top chefs will share the secrets of their favourite dishes; offering cooking tips and advice. These guys will cook up a storm with a series of free pan rattling demonstrations.
Brookfield Place Table Talks
Led by a panel of chefs, producers, cocktail gastronomists and sommeliers from some of Perth’s leading venues in Brookfield Place (Print Hall, The Trustee, The Heritage, Choo Choo’s, Sushia, Bobeche and Bar Lafayette). The Brookfield Place Table Talks is intended to teach culinary skills and expert knowledge from some of the industry’s best through innovative culinary discussions and ‘how to’ sessions.
Lurpak Cookery School
In these 30 minute classes, using Lurpak’s Danish butter, foodies will learn how to whip up a Minute Steak with Cafe de Paris Butter, Ravioli with Salmon in a Nut-Brown Butter Sauce, and the perfect Salted Caramel.
Taste Festivals span across 18 cities including London, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Dubai and Milan; with new additions in Perth (how exciting!), Oslo and Toronto.
Taste of Perth is a new food experience that features special curated menus and exciting pop up restaurants from the city’s most acclaimed chefs. Perth restaurants on the line up include: Nobu, Greenhouse, Silks, Print Hall, Lalla Rookh, Bistro Guillaume and el Público. There will be master classes, live cooking demonstrations, interactive cooking classes, expert wine tastings and live entertainment.
Taste of Perth will be in town May 2 – 4 and there are lunch and dinner sessions available:
- Friday 2 May 12 – 4pm; 5:30 – 9:30pm
- Saturday 3 May 12 – 4pm; 5:30 – 9:30pm
- Sunday 4 May 12 – 5pm
To find out more about Taste of Perth or to buy tickets visit www.tasteofperth.com.au. Tickets start at $32 for a standard ticket purchased online.
- foodie cravings Taste of Perth competition is open to all Perth readers or those who will be visiting Perth 2 – 4 May 2014.
- 5 foodie cravings readers who have liked foodie cravings facebook page and commented here with their favourite Perth restaurant will be randomly selected to win a Taste of Perth double pass (valued at $64).
- foodie cravings readers who have also commented on my Taste of Perth post on Eat Drink Perth’s website will receive a double entry to this competition.
- Competition closes midnight Wednesday 23/4/14 and the winner will be notified by email / announced on foodie cravings facebook page and twitter Thursday 24/4/14. If the winning reader/s don’t respond within 72 hours with their contact details, foodie cravings will redraw the competition and notify new winners.
Post update 25/4/14 – winners of my Taste of Perth double pass competition are David Stevens, Rhiannon Birch, Josie Livingston, Indy Fernandez & Haley Wall. Check your emails winners!
Thanks everyone for sharing your favourite #perth restaurant, what a fab city we live in!