Thanks to Woolworths, I have a $100 gift voucher to give to one foodie cravings reader and a basket of Woolworths Macro Gluten Free products to put to the test.
There’s been a lot of talk about healthier eating of late so for your chance to WIN a $100 Woolworths Voucher, simply share your favourite healthy dish to cook at home. Competition is open to all foodie cravings readers with an Australian postal address and closes midnight WST Sunday 20/10/13. Winners will be announced on foodie cravings facebook page Monday 21/10/13 and notified by email.
If you’ve been following my facebook page, you’ll notice I’ve been trying to slow down and cook more. My slow cooker and Jamie Oliver’s 15 and 30 minute cookbooks have been worked pretty hard of late. My old school hand mixer on the other hand has been dusting for years 🙂
Last weekend, I put my hand mixer to work to test out Woolworths Gluten Free Macro Cupcake Mix. I was happy that it was super easy to make especially as I rarely bake desserts…
burger boy who doesn’t usually eat cupcakes was more than happy to test them out (twice) for me. I took the rest into our crust and they were gone by the end of the night so I was quite proud of my somewhat baking efforts 🙂
I normally follow my cravings and eat whatever my eyes desire so I thought as this giveaway is to inspire healthy but tasty eating, I’d better get in the experts 🙂
For all things gluten free related, I always go to my fellow Perth food blogger Chomp Chomp for advice. Besides being gluten free she also has fructose malabsorption but it never stops her from eating out. As you will see in her tips below, when we dined at Nine Fine Foods, she brought her own gluten free soy in her LV bag!!
Here’s Chomp Chomp’s Top 3 Tips for eating gluten free…
- Learn to read labels. Just because its labelled gluten free don’t presume its healthy. A lot of processed GF products are very high in calories and sugar.
- BYO Condiments. I love to eat out so I always plan ahead and bring any extras that I might need with me, for example if it’s Japanese I’ll bring my own GF soy sauce, if there is a great range of cheeses, I’ll bring my own GF crackers.
- Make yourself a travel eating card. I take a handful of these written in the language of the country I’m visiting every time we travel. They are worth the effort.
Woolworths Nutritionist Maria Andonopoulos also shares with us her Top 3 Healthy Eating Tips…
- Follow dietary guidelines and eat from all food groups include lots of fruit and vegetables for fibre.
- Incorporate naturally gluten free grains such as quinoa and rice.
- Avoid highly processed snack foods.
Woolworths Macro Gluten Free offers a range of snacks to cooking essentials and cereals for people living with coeliac disease or gluten intolerance as well as those who choose to eat gluten free for other health and wellbeing reasons. My Woolworths Macro Gluten Free basket included a Cupcake Mix ($4.69), Pancake Mix ($2.98), Nutty Deluxe Muesli ($5.99) and Café Style Original and Muesli ($5.99). So far I’ve tried out the Cupcake Mix and the Pancakes 🙂
- Competition is open to all foodie cravings readers with an Australian postal address.
- One foodie cravings reader who have commented here with their favourite healthy dish to cook will be drawn at random to win a $100 Woolworths Gift Card.
- Competition closes midnight WST Sunday 20/10/13 and winner will be notified by email / announced on foodie cravings facebook page, twitter and blog on Monday 21/10/13. If the winning reader doesn’t respond within 72 hours with their postal details, foodie cravings will redraw the competition and notify a new winner.
I look forward to hearing your favourite healthy dish to cook. Mine would have to be the ratatouille – even my carnivore burger boy loves this dish!
If you’re keen to win some more, enter my competition to Win a Scanpan Impact Saucepan Set.