When studying marketing more than a decade ago, I found that nothing was more valuable than being able to put the theory to practice. My current intern is graduating in June so I’m looking for a new marketing intern based in Perth to mentor.
If you’re studying marketing, public relations or events management and looking to gain hands on and strategic marketing exposure, read on!
about foodie cravings & crust
foodie cravings is a Perth food blog which I started five years ago as a way for me to remember my Perth food experiences. The blog features restaurant reviews, brands, in the kitchen products, events and interviews with those from the food industry that inspire me. foodie cravings has grown from just my family reading it to now a leading Perth food blog and resource for restaurant reviews. It also just started with just me blogging to now a team of four writers plus me as the editor!
Crust Mount Lawley is a gourmet pizza bar which offers casual dine-in, takeaway and deliveries. My husband and burger eating half, burger boy opened our store four years ago. We like to set our Crust store apart from the regular Perth pizza joints, so we are often throwing pizza & champagne parties, pizza eating challenges, supporting the local schools / groups and other quirky things which fits in with our store’s personality.
What’s in it for you?
• Gain strategic and hands on marketing, events and social media exposure
• Be mentored by me! I will teach you everything I know from marketing, social media to events management. I’ve won awards for our Crust’s local area marketing, been on the board of Beaufort Street Network, quoted in ABC as an expert in social media and have been featured in key Perth media for both foodie cravings and Crust Mount Lawley. Check out my linkedin profile for a summary of my 10+ years of marketing experience.
What you’ll learn?
• How to implement and analyse marketing and social media strategies
• Exposure to events and program curation for key food festivals
• Public relations and community strategies
• How to create digital and artwork briefs amongst other things
Please note this is an unpaid marketing internship.
What you need?
• Availability on Fridays for our weekly catch ups
• A bubbly and outgoing personality
• Great attention to detail
• Understanding of social media
• Willingness to learn
• Be based in Perth and have your own laptop / tablet
Want to find out more or apply?
Express your interest by sending a short email and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the below by Sunday 5 June 2016.
• A bit about you and why you’d be the perfect intern
• What would you like to get out of this marketing internship?
• What times per week you are available?
• What aspects of marketing you are most interested in?
• Your email and mobile number
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Wednesday 8 June 2016 for a coffee catch up.