Found a breakfast treasure – Cirque, too bad it’s not in Perth!

We’ve just picked up our hire car from europcar and manage to stumble upon this cool lil breakfast place in fortitude valley – Cirque.

I had a freshly squeezed orange juice and my hubby had a latte (a larger than usual glass) and between us we shared the white choc buttermilk pancakes with mascarpone and eggs benedict with bacon.

The pancakes I must say were the best I’ve ever had and I’m not much of a sweet tooth in the morning, I usually crave savory foods first thing. The mascarpone and the strawberry sauce really made the difference to the pancakes! The eggs benedict was tasty too. The servings were fantastic and it was reasonably priced, $38 for the two of us.

We only found this breakfast gem because burger boy and I were on the way to Byron Bay and was keen to get a quick breakfast in and couldn’t find parking in front of Maccers ;)

I will def be coming back here (next time we are in Brissie anyway), wish it was a Perth – I’d be a local for sure.

Cirque on Urbanspoon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

foodie cravings

I’m a foodie who enjoys trying new food anywhere / any place (restaurants, cafes, bars, market stalls, fast food joints…anywhere just name it!) both in Perth, Western Australia and on my travels. I’m not your ordinary foodie, I’m often described as ‘fussy’ but I really really do love my food - I guess just not everything that’s put on my plate. Though, my other half, ‘burger boy’, eats most foods so I’ll be blogging about what he eats too…and as the name implies, burgers will be a regular foodie blog for all you burger lovers outthere. I love showcasing my yummy food finds with pics so I thought why not share my passion for food with other foodies with my blog, foodie cravings. Follow my food journey as I discover new keepers and rave about my all-time favourites.

Tags:

8 comments for “Found a breakfast treasure – Cirque, too bad it’s not in Perth!

1. Mahara
    January 17, 2011 at 10:31 am

Those pancakes look delicious! Have you been to Sayers in Leederville for brekky before?

• foodie
      January 17, 2011 at 11:01 am

hey Mahara, they were absolutely amazing – was so glad I ordered them. Sayers is next on my breakfast list!

• Mahara
        January 17, 2011 at 2:48 pm

cool, if you need someone to tag along I’m willing to make that sacrifice :)

2. Chefie
    February 9, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Glad you enjoyed! :)

• February 10, 2011 at 7:14 am

The pancakes were just scrumptious – haven’t found another like it since :)

3. July 14, 2011 at 6:53 am

I’m yet to experience this one but my foodie fanatic sister Sarah assures me the grub here is pretty much orgasmic. By foodie fanatic, I mean I would challenge you to find someone more extreme about their food – Her Sunday afternoon hobby is rereading her Donna Hay cookbooks for the 30th time. Sarah’s recommendation: smoked rainbow trout with poached eggs, truffle oil, potato rosti and toasted sourdough.

Check out my blog for more Brisbane breakfasts – http://tuningintrekkingout.wordpress.com/category/food/
    Andrea recently posted..Brisbane’s shocking secret…

• July 14, 2011 at 9:53 pm

oh my your sister is a super foodie fanatic, I love my food but I don’t think I could re-read my Donna Hay cook books that many times!!! When we head to Brisbane next we will def be visiting Cirque again and I haven’t had anything but breakfast thgere so keen to check out the lunch menu :) btw nice blog Andrea!